As one reflects on their life and contemplates what the next step will be, I would imagine that everyone envisions the 'next move' to be better than the last.
Granted, when I prepared my ten year trajectory (some ten years ago), I imagined that I would have been further along than I am. I always thought that I would have the proverbial white-picketed fence, a dotting husband, (perhaps) one or two children, and a fulfilling career.
Interestingly, my life looks NOTHING like what I envisioned a decade ago. The fulfilling career is still a 'degree in progress' (a blog post in and of itself), the dotting husband must be somewhere (actually) drawing dots, and the 'white-picketed fence', well, let's just say the tree from which the wood will originate is still safe.
What happened? Where did I go astray? What is my next move?
If you ask my grandmother she would reply, 'Ni's goals are too lofty. Enough is never enough.'
If you were to ask my mother, I'm sure she would say, 'Well, Ni has plenty of time for that.'
If you were to pose the same questions to my father, he would reply, 'I have no idea but she ain't getting any younger.'
It took a while for me to get it, and I still struggle with the following notion, but...
My life plan is just that..M-Y P-L-A-N. It was not God's plan.
Psalm 139:16 reads, ' You saw me before I was born and scheduled each day of
my life before I began to breathe. Every day was recorded in your book.'
While I wallow in defeat over a plan that has, seemingly, failed on all fronts, I forget to remember that sometimes the journey is more important than the destination.
What I see as failure, He sees as preparation. What I perceive as a trial, He deems a lesson that will, eventually, be a testimony.
So today, I admonish us all to ...
Find the lesson in the journey.
Remember that your testimony begins with a test.
Know that your plan, without His consultation, is destined to fail.
Finally, find refuge in the fact that your next move WILL BE your best move.
Until next time,
NiNi
This is very well spoken. All things happen according to God's purpose and plan. I think that most of us have felt the same way as you do right now. I personally had to step back, trust, and allow HIM to guide me in the direction in which he designed for me. He won't fail!
ReplyDeleteI love this because i am going through the exact same thing myself. I too have a plan and like you, my live isn't how I envisioned it at all. I need to get out of my own way because deep down I know I haven't let God intervene a lot in what I set out to do.
ReplyDeleteI loved it. I'm having the same issues with MY PLAN. My mother told me "you better put some Jesus in it." I do know this much, we'll have some great testimonies when we arrive at these destinations.
ReplyDeletereal:-)
ReplyDeleteVery nice...I think we Christians deal with this more than anyone..The children of God tend to lean to our own understanding waay to much..Glad u took to time to write this my beautiful friend..God Bless...
ReplyDeleteThank you all for taking time to read and comment! Be sure to subscribe to this blog for post updates and more. XOXOXO
ReplyDelete